The Importance of a Sitemap

A sitemap is often considered redundant in the process of building a website, and that is indeed the fact if you made a sitemap for the sake of having one. By highlighting the importance of having a well constructed sitemap, you will be able to tailor your own sitemap to suit your own needs.

1) Navigation purposes

A sitemap literally acts as a map of your site. If your visitors browses your site and gets lost between the thousands of pages on your site, they can always refer to your sitemap to see where they are, and navigate through your pages with the utmost ease.

2) Conveying your site's theme

When your visitors load up your sitemap, they will get the gist of your site within a very short amount of time. There is no need to get the "big picture" of your site by reading through each page, and by doing that you will be saving your visitors' time.

3) Site optimization purposes

When you create a sitemap, you are actually creating a single page which contains links to every single page on your site. Imagine what happens when search engine robots hit this page -- they will follow the links on the sitemap and naturally every single page of your site gets indexed by search engines! It is also for this purpose that a link to the sitemap has to be placed prominently on the front page of your website.

4) Organization and relevance

A sitemap enables you to have a complete bird's eye view of your site structure, and whenever you need to add new content or new sections, you will be able to take the existing hierarchy into consideration just by glancing at the sitemap. As a result, you will have a perfectly organized site with everything sorted according to their relevance.

From the above reasons, it is most important to implement a sitemap for website projects with a considerable size. Through this way, you will be able to keep your website easily accesible and neatly organized for everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cool! I don't suppose I've truly read
through a single thing like this before. So nice to find another person with some unique thoughts on this subject matter.
Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This site is something that
is needed on the internet, someone with some
originality!

Feel free to visit my web blog - http://www.Openemm.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:AllanDabb

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew
where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

my page - Order Grow XL

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems
with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Check out my web page :: Garcinia Cambogia Diet

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's
a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant
for me to come here and visit more often.
Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!



My homepage: Le parfait skin

Anonymous said...

For newest news you have to go to see the web and on the web I found this web site
as a best web page for most up-to-date updates.


Feel free to surf to my page Ripped Muscle X

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide to your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and test once more here regularly. I am reasonably certain I will be informed many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!

my site Revitalize

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog in
the near future but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.

P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


Feel free to surf to my web site; Order Xtrasize

Post a Comment